I PAUSED & I ANSWERED

During one of the training I conducted lately, one participant asked me...

”Bryan, if you can only use one word to describe the role of a leader, what will it be?”
I paused…and I answered… 

“INFLUENCE” 
Look at World War 1 or World War 2, why do people charge to the battle field to kill themselves? Is it because they don’t treasure their lives?


Of course it is not!
… it is because someone, who we call, the leader has planted into their brains that if they love their country , they should defend their country even to the extent of sacrificing my life! All the leaders use is their WORDS! They use words to influence the thinking of others.


Are you Effective in using your INFLUENCING skills?

Let’s address some myths here. Some said…


1) Influencing is manipulating. I don’t do such thing!
2) I don’t like to influence because I don’t want to wear a mask! It is unreal!

Well, if this is how you feel, let me help you to see it differently…The difference is really …


Your Intent! (Your HEART )


IF YOU SET OUT TO MANIPULATE, YOU ARE MANIPULATING!
IF YOU SET OUT TO HELP, YOU ARE HELPING!

IF YOU ARE FOCUSING ON ‘HOW’ TO DO -> YOU FEEL YOU ARE WEARING A MASK.

IF YOU ARE FOCUSING ON THE RESULT-> YOU WILL FEEL AS REAL AS EVER!


There is nothing wrong with mastering influencing skills.

It is all in your HEART !

Mastering the skill give you the choice. Once you are empowered with Influencing skill, you can use it to help your staff, your company and even your children or the one you love.
Motivating them to strive in life!

If you are serious with your life… if you believe in becoming EFFECTIVE in your life, you need to MASTER your INFLUENCING SKILLS!

Think about it my friend! 


No comments: